Bring the campaign to your city
Bring the campaign to your city.
Yes, you can bring this ad campaign to your city! Reach your neighbors with a powerful, positive message about what Americans can do to promote peace, security, equality, and justice for both Israelis and Palestinians. The campaign uses materials already developed for other media markets, making it easy for you to educate and mobilize in your community without the additional effort and expense of creating advertising materials and a website.
Since the initial campaign launch in Chicago, activist organizations in the San Francisco Bay Area, Albuquerque, Arizona State University, Boston, Washington DC, Portland, and New York City have launched successful local satellite campaigns–and other cities will soon follow.
How do you get started? We recommend these steps:
- Build your team. Contact individuals and organizations in your area interested in the issue and assemble an exploratory committee to discuss how to bring the campaign local. Your eventual success depends largely on your ability to build a support base that can take on fundraising and project development. In many cities, a few motivated individuals have produced fabulous results by reaching out to others and building enthusiastic support for a bold public outreach project.
- Explore the alternatives for advertising placements in your area. Consider magazine and newspaper ads, billboards, bus shelter signage, on-train and on-bus posters, banners for vigils and marches, and signs for flash-mob actions.
- Ad campaigns come in all sizes, and the costs range from modest to substantial. Learn about costs and viewer exposure of the various ad media available. Think about whom you want to reach and how you can use the available media to reach them.
- Draw up a project budget, then develop a fundraising strategy to make it happen. You may be pleasantly surprised by the generosity of your donors when they’re given an opportunity to support an exciting, new, local breakthrough campaign.
- Use the green Contact button at left to learn how to obtain “Be on our side” advertising materials that meet the technical specifications for successful reproduction in your advertising medium (signs, banners, posters, billboards, website, etc.).