About this campaign
About this campaign.
The “Be on Our Side” media and education project [photo diary here] promotes a positive, productive U.S. policy toward the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. The goals of the campaign are:
- to encourage U.S. policies that promote peace, equality, and security for Israelis and Palestinians
- to inform Americans about the scale and consequences of U.S. military aid to Israel
- to promote awareness of the importance of ending U.S. military aid to Israel
The project uses mass and social media to reach a wide range of viewers. We are utilizing:
- This web site – www.twopeoplesonefuture.org
- Public advertisements with the “Be on our side” message have appeared in several media. First launched on Chicago’s mass transit system, the CTA, signs on train cars and subway platforms were launched during the month of October, 2010. (A second phase to the Chicago campaign, featuring signs on the exterior of CTA buses, launched in May, 2011.) In the months since the inaugural Chicago campaign launch, organizers in the San Francisco Bay Area, Boston, and Washington, DC have developed a similar approach on those regions’ subway transit systems. In Albuquerque, the campaign message appears on numerous billboards, and student activists at Arizona State University have pioneered the use of campaign materials in the digital media with a simple animated ad on informational monitors in the student union building. Plans for campaign expansion are currently in development in several other U.S. cities.
- Pocket cards – These striking 4″x6″ full-color cards show the campaign poster art on one side and, on the flipside, informative “Fast Facts”— the same Fast Facts that have become one of the top-hitting pages on our website. These cards are ideal leave-behinds in high-traffic public spaces such as airports, libraries, cafes, university buildings, doctor offices, etc. They are also an excellent, inexpensive way for individuals and groups to spread the word about the dangerous effects of military aid to Israel, even when it’s not possible to mount a formal media campaign.
- A Facebook page – Be on Our Side. End Military Aid to Israel
- A Twitter feed
The mass-media approach allows many people, who have limited prior exposure to information other than the one-sided and inadequate coverage offered by mainstream news outlets, to learn about the issue.
Our campaign is part of a fast-growing movement. Calls to end military aid to Israel are growing in number and impact. High-profile public figures, faith-based groups, political organizations, student organizations, and ordinary American taxpayers and citizens across the country are speaking up about the need for policy change.
Initiated by the Committee for a Just Peace in Israel and Palestine, the pilot project launched in Chicago in 2010 and is expanding to other U.S. cities. To help the campaign grow, please donate generously.
The Committee for a Just Peace in Israel and Palestine is a member organization of the US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation, whose member groups around the country are working to end U.S. military aid to Israel. The US Campaign’s organizing resources for activists to use in establishing successful local campaigns on the issue of military aid to Israel are available here.
(Note: This website may contain copyrighted material. Such material is made available for educational purposes, to advance understanding of human rights, democracy, scientific, moral, ethical, and social justice issues, etc. This constitutes a “fair use” of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond “fair use,” you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.)